My Likey!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Welcome to "adulthood."

Any parent out there knows that most teens suffer from E.D. Wait a minute, before you misunderstand, I am referring to "entitlement disorder." They want all the privileges and perks of being in the adult world, such as TV, Internet, cell phone, meals out, a car, driver's license and trips to the mall, etc. -- without having to carry out the responsibilities required to provide those luxuries.
 
Fast forward to today.

I had to work today (a Sunday). That happens for adults sometimes. Teen was like: "aw that's too bad, well OK bye, I'm back to the Internet and a movie." Then the phone rings. It is teen's job. This teen was due in to work in 5 minutes. But this teen "didn't really want to work today," but I went ahead and dropped off the burgeoning "adult" at their job on my way to mine.
Mom wasn't the most popular person in the world. But, welcome to "adulthood."







2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha!!! Good for you! You want the perks, you gotta EARN 'dem first!

    ReplyDelete